BLENDED Bloomz PKZRP8 firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Mrs. Kathy Bloomz KSKDM6 email@example.com
6th Mrs. Jen Bloomz MFQEH7 firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Mrs. Danielle Bloomz FDXSFK email@example.com
5th Mrs. Macy Bloomz FDXSFK firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Mrs. Mandy Bloomz B9VTC6 email@example.com
4th Mrs. Tiffany Bloomz B9VTC6 firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Mrs. Katie Bloomz 5UJC49 email@example.com
2nd Mrs. Natalie GroupMe firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Mrs. Chanda Bloomz G6ZFTN email@example.com
K Mrs. Jenny Bloomz 8TPKHG firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-K Mrs. Jobeth Bloomz F9Z3C2 email@example.com
Subscribe to HCS YouTube Channel
Please enjoy this video message from HCS staff members
This week, the governor of Louisiana has issued an extension to the existing stay-home order which was set to expire on April 13th. The stay-home order now extends through Thursday, April 30th. What does this mean for Houma Christian School? If the current stay-home order expires without being extended on April 30th, Houma Christian School will more than likely open soon after that time. Again, please stay tuned for announcements, updates and changes. In the meantime, teachers will continue to work very hard to provide your child the best Distance Learning instruction possible. If you or your child has any questions or needs help with assignments, please contact the teacher or use our homework hotline that is now available.
Graduation: Houma Christian School is very much committed to honoring and celebrating graduation with our 2020 Senior Class. We realize that this is one of the biggest accomplishments of a young person’s life, and we want to celebrate this milestone with our seniors. Again, we are still committed to have this great event, even if it means rescheduling it in May, June, or July. We are just not able right now to make a firm commitment on a day and time with the current uncertainty of the COVID-19. We will keep everyone updated as things change.
Prom: HCS is also committed to still having prom at some point this year. Our high school staff is anticipating and ready to host senior prom. Again, we really cannot commit to an exact day due to COVID-19, but we will do everything within our power to make prom a reality for our seniors. Please stay tuned for important updates.
Spring Athletics: We have not had any updates from the LHSAA announcing when or if spring sports will resume. Our hearts go out to all our athletes who have had their spring season taken from them. We are praying that all athletes will be able to resume practice and games very soon.
Field Trips: All planned field trips that were scheduled will be cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
Tuition: We know that this horrific event has caused both physical and financial problems for our Warrior Community. Many people have lost jobs or have had their salaries cut due to the shutdown. If you are struggling and need to service your account, please contact Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Houma Christian School will post new updates on the Houma Christian School website (COVID-19) and our FACEBOOK page. We will also send out important announcements through texts.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9
• Houma Christian will have office hours (phone calls only) during the closure on Monday – Thursday from 8:00-12:00.
• If parents need to contact the financial department, please email Ms. Natalie @
• The Houma Christian School Homework/Help Hotline will start Thursday, March 19th. The Homework Hotline will be open every Monday – Thursday from 2:00 – 6:00. This service is for all parents and students in elementary grades (Pk-6th). Please call the following numbers for help on assignments.
1. (985)665-2733 –Susan Trosclair- WAP Students
2. (985)208-4938 – Heather Bonvillain -Upper Grade Math
3. (985)217-5523 – Rebecca Luke
4. (985)208-4050 – Maggie Voisin
5. (985)791-7769 – Debbie Ledet
Update: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
• Houma Christian School is monitoring all the local, state, and federal recommendations in regards to school closure and gatherings. We will keep everyone updated of any changes.
• The Spring Summative ACT Aspire for 3rd – 10th grade students for this year has been cancelled.
• All spring athletics at HCS have been cancelled for two full weeks including practice. We will re-evaluate whether teams will be able to resume practice at that time. Coaches will send out updates to athletes to announce any changes. We do encourage our student athletes to continue training at home to keep themselves in good physical shape if and when competition resumes.
• Junior High and High School Cheerleading Tryouts have been postponed. Dates for reschedule will be sent out by sponsors at a future date.
• All students in grades PK- 12 should be receiving communication from their teachers no later than Thursday to begin their Distance Learning Program. We are encouraging our parents to try their best to help their students engage in all the lessons. Please do not hesitate to reach out to teachers for support if necessary.
• Houma Christian will still honor the vacation dates for Easter Break. If the state does lift the closure on April 13th, HCS students will not return until April 20th.
• Please say a special prayer for our awesome senior class and their families as they are missing a very important part of their senior year. It is hard to imagine what they are feeling right now. Praying we will be able to resume classes as soon as possible so we can reschedule all senior activities that are currently postponed. Hang in there Seniors.